Monday, January 5, 2009

My Recommendation of 20 Books to Read in 2009

Art Jonak a fellow industry professional and fellow patriot in the network marketing revolution offered a great idea to our mastermind and I wanted to share the concept with you. Art ask for a list of 3-10 books that impacted our lives in two categories; 1. Changed Out Lives and 2. Helped us build our network marketing businesses. I offered 10 books in each category and when I was finished realized that everyone of these books would make a great edition to a current reading list. So, I wanted to share this with you and ask you in turn to comment with a few recommendations of your own.

It was difficult to narrow the list to ten in the first category and I enjoyed revisiting some of these great books, they are like old friends. I hope that you enjoy reading through my list and if a book or two appeals to you grab it. This is a list that warrants my highest recommendation.

Here are 10 Books that Changed My Life:

1. The Bible: It is my daily guide book and user’s manual
2. Think Like A Genius by Todd Siler: I learned to understand my sense of choice and habit
3. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: I learned the power of a mastermind
4. The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer: This book help me control my thoughts and control my intentions. (I once gave this book as a gift to a friend that had become homeless and it saved her)
5. The Psychology of Winning by Denis Waitley: This is the first personal development book I ever read.
6. Dig Your Well Before Your Thirsty by Harvey Mackay: I learned the value of that "Ant and Grasshopper" children’s book
7. Winston Churchill Alone by William Manchester: The lesson from Churchill's life is that we can succeed and over and over again and as long as we do not lose our faith and fighting spirit, we can remake ourselves.
8. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker: I hadn't realized that my thermostat had broken, but it had.
9. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy: I have had to change my thinking in minor ways to make big gains in understanding how to relate to my candidates. This book helped me understand how the mind works.
10. Stride to Freedom by Martin Luther King: I learned that a group of people committed to a just cause can change the world.

Here are 10 Books that helped me grow my business:1. Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore: This is marketing book writing at the dawn of the internet revolution. Perfect how to book.
2. Primal Banding by Patrick Hanlon: This book is a must read for anyone interested in branding. It reinforced many of my beliefs about how to brand.
3. Multiple Streams of Income by Robert Allen: This book opened my mind to network marketing as a income stream.
4. Self Marketing Power by Jeff Beals: This book help me take my personal branding efforts to a much higher level.
5. Your First Year in Network Marketing by Mark Yarnell: This was a great first network marketing book to help me learn what I got myself into.
6. Unstuck by Keith Yamashita and Sandra Spataro: This little 177 page book is a literal workshop for team building and understanding how to help your team get unstuck and achieve significance.
7. The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris: The concept of outsources had totally escaped me until I read this transformational book.
8. Moonlighting on the Internet by Yanik Silver: This book helped me understand how to leverage the Internet into a lucrative marketing funnel.
9. The One Minute Millionaire by Mark Victor Hanson: I learned so much from this book, if forced to choose one lesson its leverage and how to employ it.
10. Beach Money by Jordan Adler: This is a new book that offers great perspective on how this business works from a top money earner.

If you have read one of these titles or decide to read one, let me know how it impacted your business or your life. If you would like to add a few recommendations simply share them in the comment box below.

(c) Copyright 2008 James A. Holmes. All Rights Reserved.
*************************
James Holmes, Global Team Builder, Coach and Trainer, combining online and offline strategies to help you grow your business. To request a free 30 minute consultation contact James by phone at 303-523-9503 or email at james@AskJamesHolmes.com
*************************

No comments: